- Why we collect information
We want to offer you Services which you want to use. We may use information about you to help us customise our Site and to improve its usefulness to you. It can also help us to choose Services we think will interest you.
If we process information about our customers and visitors to the Site, then this helps us sell advertising space to advertisers of products and services relevant to you and helps fund our Site through advertising and also enhance our Services.
In addition to the Services we provide on this Site we may want to offer you goods and services provided by us and others (with your consent) which are of interest to you.
We compile anonymous records of user trends which we may make use of ourselves, or pass to our associated companies or to unconnected parties. Your personal details are not included in this information.
- What information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to our Services, search for a product, place an order on our Site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site (where available), enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem or otherwise interact with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, gender, preferences and, where relevant, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products or services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- What do we do with this information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and Services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and Services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- with your consent, to permit carefully selected third parties to provide you with information about goods or services we think may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data). For more information, please see Paragraph 7 below;
- to notify you about changes to our Services;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Consent to Marketing Communications
Paragraph 6 sets out the circumstances in which we may make use of the personal information you provide to us for direct marketing activities, or supply this information to carefully selected third parties for their direct marketing activities with your consent.
If having given your consent you subsequently decide that you no longer wish to receive direct marketing or information from us or our associated companies, you may unsubscribe at any time.
If you no longer want us to pass your information to third parties, you may unsubscribe at any time.
If you have consented to marketing communications from our carefully selected third parties then you will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from their marketing communications.
You may unsubscribe from our marketing emails and SMS communications at any time.
- Your Privacy
We endeavour to ensure that your data is stored securely and to prevent unauthorised access. We have technical and organisational security measures in place to protect your information which we monitor regularly. Unfortunately, despite our measures, because of the nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee that your information will remain at all times 100% secure. The continuing efforts of hackers to defeat even the newest of security systems means that we can never make this promise.
Where we make interactive features available on our Site, such as chat rooms, forums, discussion threads, profile pages etc then please be aware that if you disclose information on such areas or other or other public areas it may be possible for other people to use this information. We are not responsible for the disclosure of any information you post in this way.
It is our policy is to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, the Regulation of Investigatory Powers (Scotland) Act 2000 and all other applicable legislation which governs the maintenance of privacy in your information.
We do not knowingly collect and/or share personal information from children under the age of thirteen on our Site. However, your child may not be able to use some of the features of our Site without providing personal information – this relates to any interactive features of any of our Services. We recommend supervising your child’s use of our Site and our Services at all times.
- Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may also share your personal information with selected third party businesses that we have a contract with to facilitate the delivery of goods or services to you.
The personal information you give us is only disclosed to other businesses if we have your permission. In particular, even where we have your consent we will only disclose your financial, credit card or bank details to our agents and/or third party suppliers of products or services on a need to know basis including, for example, in relation to the fulfilment of any e-commerce transactions.
We may disclose anonymised details about use of our Site to other selected third parties e.g. to demonstrate patterns of use to advertisers and other business partners. The information we pass on will not include any personal information by which you may be identified. For example, we do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in Glasgow). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
We may also share your details with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We may also share your details with credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If the Club or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions, or terms and conditions of supply or any other legal agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Club and our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may forward your personal details to the Police or another regulatory body if we are asked to do so or wish to do so in order to comply with the law or in relation to any suspected misuse of our Site or our Services by you or any other person.
We endeavour to prevent unauthorised disclosures of your personal information by other people, but we are not responsible for any unauthorised disclosures or other breaches of security or for the actions of others if the information was passed to them with your authority or with the authority of anybody other than us or our associated companies.
Our Site may include applications, content and/or adverts from third parties that may perform user activity tracking in addition to that described herein.
- Where we store your information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use technical and organisational security measures to try to prevent unauthorised access.